Robert Ferkin has been performing the “TDLR/Texas Accessibility Standards” Site and Building Plan Reviews and Inspections since 1995, initially on staff with the State of Texas – TDLR – Architectural Barriers Division in Austin as an Accessibility Specialist staff member.
Robert has over 30 years of consulting experience for site and building accessibility requirements for most building types in several states.
- Registered Accessibility Specialist, State of Texas – RAS #00000062
- Registered Architect, State of Texas
- Registered Architect, State of Arizona
- Registered Interior Designer, State of Texas (1992-2011)
- First U.S. Department of Education, “Certified ADA Coordinator” in Texas
- NAHB Certified Aging-In-Place Specialist
- Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation – Texas Accessibility Academy Certification
- Member of the professional architectural/allied arts fraternity of Alpha Rho Chi
- Participant in AIA, RAIC, ASID and U. S. Access Board/2010 SFAD affiliated Conferences, Seminars and Webinars
- Participant in the TDLR/Texas Accessibility Academies and National ADA Symposiums across the United States
- Attends the TDLR/Architectural Barriers Advisory Committee meetings in Austin
Barrier Free Texas networks and shares information with the staff of the:
- Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation (TDLR)
- U.S. Access Board
- U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ)
- National ADA Centers (DBTAC’s)
- Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC)
as well as various independent living centers and disability support organizations.