The State of Texas – Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation – Architectural Barriers Division contracts with authorized Registered Accessibility Specialists (RAS) to perform the plan reviews and inspections per the Texas Accessibility Standards for private and public building projects (New Construction, Additions, Renovations and Alterations) when the building project cost EXCEEDS $50,000. Architectural Barriers Act, Texas Government Code, Chapter 469, involves all building types, including multi-family residential complexes sales and leasing offices.
Since 1996, Robert Ferkin of Barrier Free Texas (RAS), has been certified by the TDLR to provide both plan reviews and inspections for private and public buildings. Our plan reviews and inspections follow the law, rules, procedures and standards of the TDLR/TAS and the directives of the TDLR architectural barriers program managers, team leads and technical information specialists in Austin.
Standard TDLR/TAS Plan Reviews and Inspections
Barrier Free Texas plan reviews and inspections are always completed in a timely manner. Professional Services provided by Barrier Free Texas include:
- 2012 TDLR/TAS (based on the 2010 SFAD) Plan Reviews (proceed to plan review submittal process)
- 1994 and 2012 TDLR/TAS (based on the 2010 SFAD) Post-Construction Inspections (for plan reviews performed by Barrier Free Texas and other RAS) (proceed to inspection process)
- Site and Building Preliminary Plan Reviews per the 2012 TDLR/TAS (based on the 2010 SFAD)
- Site and Building Progress Inspections per the 2012 TDLR/TAS (based on the 2010 SFAD)
- Site and Building Surveys and Assessments per the 2012 TDLR/TAS (based on the 2010 SFAD)
- Certified ADA Coordinator Assessments and Consultations for Public Buildings (Title II)
- Certified ADA Coordinator Assessments and Consultations for Small and Large Business Owners Operations and their Buildings (Title III – Public Accommodations/Commercial Facilities)
- 1994 and 2012 TDLR/TAS and 2010 SFAD Consultations (onsite or remote)
- Customized Accessibility Services available upon request
Extended Accessibility Service Plans
- Large Projects
For large, complex projects, Barrier Free Texas offers “Extended Accessibility Service Plans” which includes project meetings, preliminary plan review, plan review, progress inspection, post-construction inspection and re-inspection per the client’s needs. Please contact us for details and pricing.
- Small Projects
For small, non-qualifying TDLR/TAS submittals, we provide plan reviews and inspections for projects costing less than $50,000. Please contact us for details and pricing.